- Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body
- As we age, collagen production in the body declines
- Supplementing with collagen may boost collagen production in the body, and relieve joint pain
- The Health Canada claims associated with Bend Beauty Marine Collagen + Co-Factors prove its efficacy
- Variety – there are many ways to incorporate hydrolyzed collagen powder into your daily routine
What is Fish (or Marine) Collagen?
According to Medical News Today, collagen is “the most abundant protein in the human body, found in the bones, skin, muscles and tendons.” The amount of collagen we have in our bodies decreases as we get older – and this decrease is accelerated by environmental and lifestyle factors such as UV exposure, diet (I.e. sugar intake) and habits like smoking (1).
Benefits of Supplementing with Collagen
Studies have shown that supplementing with collagen daily helps improve skin elasticity, can improve joint mobility and decrease joint pain (1).
While the FDA does not review supplements for safety or effectiveness before they are sold to consumers, in Canada, products must be submitted to Health Canada to undergo a rigorous review process. This means the claims and benefits associated with Bend Beauty Marine Collagen + Co-Factors are substantiated by research and a governing body – so you can feel confident this product will work according to the label claims. These powerful claims are:
- Helps in collagen formation
- Helps to maintain healthy hair, skin and nails
- Source of an antioxidant that helps protect against free radicals
- Helps in wound healing
How to Supplement with Collagen
Simply dissolve 2.5 teaspoons of Marine Collagen + Co-Factors in water or your beverage of choice daily. Marine collagen powder can be added to hot beverages, just make sure you add it just before consuming as the vitamin C can degrade with long exposure to heat.
Bend Marine Collagen comes in three options – strawberry, coconut and unflavoured. There are many delicious ways to incorporate this product into your daily routine. Some ideas:
- Add any flavour to your favourite smoothie
- Add Coconut or Unflavoured collagen powder to your morning coffee
- Any flavour works well in water, with a squeeze of lemon or lime – while room temperature beverages work best for mixing, if you want a cold beverage, simply add ice once the product has dissolved
Shop Marine Collagen + Co-Factors.