Matcha Collagen Cups by Diandra Phipps
These Matcha Collagen Cups are the perfect (sugar optional) treat that have a ton of health benefits! Packed with matcha green tea powder, dark chocolate and Bend Marine Collagen + Co-Factors, they’re an antioxidant-rich beauty food that tastes great while working wonders on your skin. Uh, hello guilt-free treat!
I’ve been taking Bend Marine Collagen and Anti-Aging Formula for the last year, and the products have reduced redness and smoothed my complexion, strengthened my nails and they make my hair grow super fast!
With the synergy of collagen peptides, silicon, and whole food vitamin C, fish collagen helps protect against age-related decline and promote the production of healthy collagen by enhancing hydration and improving skin elasticity, decreasing fine lines and wrinkles.
Coconut Butter Method
Makes approximately 1 cup of coconut butter
- Put 4 cups shredded unsweetened coconut into your processor and mix until a creamy butter forms. This can take up to 20 minutes, but usually 10 minutes in a high speed/heavy duty processor like a Cuisinart or Breville.
- Scrape down the sides 2-3 times to ensure the coconut is processed evenly.
- You can store this for up to 2 weeks at room temperature and if it hardens, soften it by simply running the jar under hot water, popping it in a hot water bath, or gently re-heating it in the microwave.
- Depending on your recipe, you can add 1 tsp of vanilla or some maple syrup to the coconut butter to give it some flavor.
Matcha Cup Ingredients
1 cup almonds, ground
3 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp maple syrup (or 5-10 drops liquid stevia)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup coconut butter
1 tbsp matcha powder
2 tbsp maple syrup (or 10-20 drops liquid stevia)
3 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp Bend Beauty Marine Collagen powder (unflavored or coconut!)
7oz dark chocolate (200g bar or chips)
2 tbsp coconut oil
Matcha Cup Method
- In a food processor, process the almonds until ground into a coarse meal. Add the rest of the base ingredients and process to combine.
- Evenly divide the mix (about 1tbsp each for 12 cups) and push flat into the base of a silicone or metal muffin tray and pop into the freezer.
- Combine all middle ingredients (coconut butter, matcha, maple syrup, coconut oil, and Bend Marine Collagen Powder) in your food processor and divide evenly among the 12 cups (again, 1 tbsp each) and pop back in the freezer.
- Next, prepare the chocolate by gently melting in a double boiler. To do this, place the chocolate and coconut oil in a heat safe bowl and sit over a small pot of gently simmering water. Whisk together. Remove from the heat when there is still a few lumps and whisk to melt together. Alternatively, gently heat the mixture (about 10 seconds) in the microwave and whisk to combine.
- Pour 1 tbsp of chocolate over each frozen matcha cup and put back into the freezer to set (about 20 minutes). You can easily pop the cups out of a silicone baking tray, or use a long sharp knife to loosen from a metal tray.
Keep your matcha cups stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for 2 weeks or in the freezer for 2 months. (like they’re going to last that long!) I cut mine into halves because I absolutely have no self-control 😉
Bend Beauty Brand Ambassador Diandra Phipps is a whole foods and wellness enthusiast, and she has collaborated with us to share some of her favorite recipes. Taking some of her nous from her past career as a successful restauranteur combined with fresh Bend inspiration these are sure to compliment your summer beauty routine! You can find her on Instagram @diandraphipps.