According to research done at University College London, it takes 66 days (approximately 2 months) to form a new habit. Habits are important to provide consistency and stability in our daily lives. They also allow us to make positive changes in our routine to accomplish tasks or improve our overall well-being.
We like to think of skincare the way we think of any other healthy habit: in order to see results consistency is necessary. Results are not instant and are only maintained by daily repetition. You wouldn’t master an instrument after just one lesson; likewise, healthy skincare habits need to be repeated and sustained in order to have long-term and lasting benefits.
Bend Beauty products take 90 days to fully saturate your cells; providing maximum skin benefits. This allows enough time to form the habit of taking Bend products every day.
We like to say, it’s a marathon, not a sprint!
Need some ideas for how to cement your healthy skin habits? The best way to ensure that your skincare routine is consistent and ongoing is to pair it with another daily ritual or habit:
- Take supplements with a meal (breakfast is a common time)
- Add Marine Collagen + Co-Factors to a daily smoothie, shake, coffee, or tea
- Keep Renew + Protect soft-gels next to your toothbrush or on your nightstand
- Store Renew + Protect in the fridge next to your water pitcher or other frequently-reached for item
- Set a reminder or alarm on your phone for the same time every day
By committing to a daily ritual of consuming Renew + Protect and Marine Collagen + Co-Factors, you will begin to see visible improvements in skin hydration, reduced redness/roughness, improved skin tone, and elasticity as well as overall resistance to UV burning.
How are you cementing your healthy skincare habits? We’d love to hear from you.